CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 16, 2012

Dining Room Glimmers

When my kitchen design was finalized, it utilized the entire kitchen space.  The original kitchen was tiny and closed off. 


When I mentally redesigned the space, I only used half of the room, thinking that the other half would be great for a table and maybe a sideboard, but other than that, not much.  Instead, my awesome kitchen designer drew up plans that encompassed the entire room. 



Brilliant, right??  I know, it seems so simple, but if it's all one room, why not use the whole room?  It was kind of a duh/ah ha moment for me. 

When I decided to go ahead with the kitchen remodel, I was understandably worried about the costs.  I hemmed and hawed about going ahead and doing the dining room, or waiting until I had more monies.  Ha!! Since reality finally hit and I knew that I wasn't going to get more money (in the remodeling sense) anytime soon, I went ahead with the dining room build. 

While I was prepared for the build, my sweet builder's shop wasn't quite ready.  He had to build out the kitchen and install it and then build out the dining room.  Apparently my kitchen cabinets filled the entire floorspace of the workshop and had to be moved out before he could build the dining room side. 

A short two weeks later, my dining room looked like this-


Now, the wait was on for doors and paint!

1 comment:

  1. Any new pictures, I'd love to see an updates on the remodel.
    Hope all is going well. The remodeling process is not fun and I always say, "I'm not sure which, it takes more time, money, or patience."

    Success and smiles,
    Tikaa
    Greenacresbrenham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me some love! I appreciate it!